UBUMapViewController Replacement

guiheneuf

07 Sep, 2016 01:04 PM

Hello Ubudu Team,

the documentation of ios indoor location SDK mentions a ready-to-use map view controller for easy testing of the API and setup :
http://www.ubudu.com/docs/ios/indoor_location_sdk/Classes/UBUMapVie...
https://github.com/Ubudu/IOS-IndoorLocation-SDK/blob/master/README.md

However I understand the controller has been removed from the SDK back in december last year:
https://github.com/Ubudu/IOS-IndoorLocation-SDK/commit/842220774180...

Has it been replaced by something else in another SDK ?

Thanks,

-- bertrand.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by francois on 07 Sep, 2016 01:08 PM

Hi Bertrand,

There were major evolutions of the doc of the Indoor SDK lately.
    We might not have generated the new docs, sorry for that. Tomasz can you generate it and respond to Bertrand.

BR,

François

2. 2 Posted by guiheneuf on 07 Sep, 2016 01:26 PM

Hello Francois,

No problem. The header files are pretty much self-explanatory.
    Was just wondering if you had a replacement suggestion for the view controller for a quick and dirty test.

Doing it by hand is fine with me though, if that’s your answer.

— bertrand.

3. 3 Posted by Tomasz Ziolkows... on 07 Sep, 2016 01:30 PM

Hi,
    I can confirm that we don’t have UBUMapViewController anymore. But you can still do a quick and dirty test for example with Apple or Google maps. Actually - you can use any 3rd party map provider. Please, let me know if you need more help on doing that.

Best regards,
    Tomasz Ziółkowski | Ubudu Sas

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by francois on 07 Sep, 2016 01:30 PM

Tomasz any suggestions to Bertrand?

Please let’s put in the github / community site code that can have people get started with using either market or Google Map SDK as the map background.

Also Bertrand, I need to enable your account to access the IL BO features otherwise you might get stuck.

5. 5 Posted by guiheneuf on 07 Sep, 2016 01:33 PM

Sure, what do you need to enable it ?

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by francois on 07 Sep, 2016 01:34 PM

Bertrand,

I have enabled your account for IL. Now you should follow up the tutorial. Make sure you follow all the steps so that you can test IL properly. You need to upload the map / georefenrence it and set the non walkable zones at minima.
    Give us a call if you have difficulties. You should be able to test IL in less than 1 hour.

Let us know if you have difficulties, we are in the process of improving the docs..

BR,

François

> On 07 Sep 2016, at 15:29, Tomasz Ziolkowski <[email blocked]> wrote:
    >
    > Hi,
    > I can confirm that we don’t have UBUMapViewController anymore. But you can still do a quick and dirty test for example with Apple or Google maps. Actually - you can use any 3rd party map provider. Please, let me know if you need more help on doing that.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Tomasz Ziółkowski | Ubudu Sas
    >
    >> On 07 Sep 2016, at 15:26, Bertrand Guiheneuf <[email blocked] <mailto:[email blocked]>> wrote:
    >>

7. 7 Posted by Tomasz Ziolkows... on 07 Sep, 2016 01:40 PM

Ok - I’ll find some time to update it and create an easy example.

Best regards,
    Tomasz Ziółkowski | Ubudu Sas

> On 07 Sep 2016, at 15:34, François Kruta <[email blocked]> wrote:
    >
    > Bertrand,
    >
    > I have enabled your account for IL. Now you should follow up the tutorial. Make sure you follow all the steps so that you can test IL properly. You need to upload the map / georefenrence it and set the non walkable zones at minima.
    > Give us a call if you have difficulties. You should be able to test IL in less than 1 hour.
    >
    > Let us know if you have difficulties, we are in the process of improving the docs..
    >
    > BR,
    >
    > François
    >
    >
    >> On 07 Sep 2016, at 15:29, Tomasz Ziolkowski <[email blocked] <mailto:[email blocked]>> wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >> I can confirm that we don’t have UBUMapViewController anymore. But you can still do a quick and dirty test for example with Apple or Google maps. Actually - you can use any 3rd party map provider. Please, let me know if you need more help on doing that.
    >>
    >> Best regards,
    >> Tomasz Ziółkowski | Ubudu Sas
    >>
    >>> On 07 Sep 2016, at 15:26, Bertrand Guiheneuf <[email blocked] <mailto:[email blocked]>> wrote:
    >>>

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by francois on 07 Sep, 2016 01:42 PM

I think you probably just need need to upgrade the docs that already exists as we did for Android.

> On 07 Sep 2016, at 15:40, Tomasz Ziolkowski <[email blocked]> wrote:
    >
    > Ok - I’ll find some time to update it and create an easy example.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Tomasz Ziółkowski | Ubudu Sas
    >
    >> On 07 Sep 2016, at 15:34, François Kruta <[email blocked] <mailto:[email blocked]>> wrote:
    >>
    >> Bertrand,
    >>
    >> I have enabled your account for IL. Now you should follow up the tutorial. Make sure you follow all the steps so that you can test IL properly. You need to upload the map / georefenrence it and set the non walkable zones at minima.
    >> Give us a call if you have difficulties. You should be able to test IL in less than 1 hour.
    >>
    >> Let us know if you have difficulties, we are in the process of improving the docs..
    >>
    >> BR,
    >>
    >> François
    >>
    >>
    >>> On 07 Sep 2016, at 15:29, Tomasz Ziolkowski <[email blocked] <mailto:[email blocked]>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I can confirm that we don’t have UBUMapViewController anymore. But you can still do a quick and dirty test for example with Apple or Google maps. Actually - you can use any 3rd party map provider. Please, let me know if you need more help on doing that.
    >>>
    >>> Best regards,
    >>> Tomasz Ziółkowski | Ubudu Sas
    >>>
    >>>> On 07 Sep 2016, at 15:26, Bertrand Guiheneuf <[email blocked] <mailto:[email blocked]>> wrote:
    >>>>

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac