Mesh Network lag on Android 5.1.1

Rafal Chmielarski

16 Dec, 2015 12:10 PM

Hello,

I am seeing issue with mesh network lagging when trying to send message to a UART beacon from Android 5.1.1 device. From the mesh-receiver.js console output I can see that it's connecting as soon as my device is being picked up by the beacon. Following lines are being printed out:
Connected: true
connectionInfo: 796f087490

But then there is a approx. 8 sec lag before message is received and following line printed on the console:
[mesh] Received message from device=1, data=i1

Same code works with Android 5.0.

Could somebody please help?

Thanks
Rafal

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by francois on 17 Dec, 2015 11:45 AM

Hi Rafal,

Sorry for the delay on my reponse. The joy of the Android drivers for BLE….Tomasz can you please help Rafal on this and see if we can reproduce the pb and find a solution.

Thank you,

François

2. 2 Posted by Tomasz Ziolkows... on 17 Dec, 2015 03:33 PM

Hi Rafał,

I will investigate it. On what device have you experienced that? I think we’ve met similar problem 8-12s of lag on moto g / e with Android 4.4 and we was able to „improve” that with some hacks and reduce the „delay” to 3-4 seconds… I’m not sure if it is the same issue (actually it shouldn’t)… I can investigate it tomorow since I’ve left there our nexus with Android 5.1…

3. 3 Posted by Chmielarski, Ra... on 17 Dec, 2015 04:10 PM

Hi Tomasz,

So I tested on two Android 5.1.1 devices: Samsung Galaxy S5 and LG H955 G Flex 2, and observed 8s lag on both of them.

Thanks
    Rafal

4. 4 Posted by tomasz.ziolkows... on 18 Dec, 2015 11:58 AM

Thank you,
    I’m checking it

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac