General questions on Ubuduapp behavior

maria.trinidad.martinez.gea

03 Oct, 2016 03:06 PM

Hi,

I'm new on Beacons/Ubudu world and trying to build a proof of concept application connecting to Ubudu iBeacons (I have 3 of them).
I have been able to create the application with Ubudu manager, register my Beacons, create Interactions rules (simply opening web different web pages depending on the Beacon I'm approaching)...

But I have some generic questions I cannot find answers in the available public questions and documentation, maybe you can help me with.

1. How is the link made between the Application defined by Ubudu manager, the iPhone application and the Beacon?
    I know the iPhone application keeps the id of the Ubudu application and the Ubudu application contains the list of Beacons.
  2. But the information defined in the Ubudu manager, is it somehow downloaded by the iPhone when executing the iPhone application?
  3. Does the Beacon know anything about the Ubudu application or only sends basic signals repeatedly?
  4. When I change the configuration of the Ubudu application, how the information is passed to the iPhone application?

5. In my application the web pages are only open when the iPhone application is running.

6. Is it possible to receive the notifications also when the iPhone application is not running? I have defined the NSLocationAlwaysUsageDescription iOS Target Property (plist) and configured the phone Location Services settings as Always.

7. Regarding geographical locations.

8. I have defined a venue in my application, what for is his geographical position used?

9. There is also a geographical position for each interaction rule, is this position used by the application? How?

10. When we configure an Interaction rule and we set virtual fence boundaries.

11. Those boundaries are saved by the iPhone app and checked based on the distance calculated between the Beacon and the iPhone?

12. Is there a document describing the messages the Beacons are sending around?

13. If the iPhone is close to a specific Beacon and the Advertising Interval is 100ms the action opening the web page should be run around 10 times, but I don’t receive that much events. Is it normal?

Thanks,
Trinidad.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac