UI Application private API statistics

maria.trinidad.martinez.gea

03 Oct, 2016 03:20 PM

Hi,

I'll like to have some information about the app users around each Beacon.
I have had a look to the API documentation and find out the UI Application private statistics provides the information I need:
http://docs.ubudu.apiary.io/#reference/uapplication/uapplication-pr...

I have some questions around it:
- How is your API getting the data? Is it the iPhone app sending you the information? - I have noticed there is a delay between the events and the API results. Is there a fixed delay? What is the reason for this delay? - I'll like to retrieve data for only a specific date and maybe time frame (to avoid huge messages). Is it possible?

Thanks,
Trinidad.

1. 1 Posted by Thibaut on 04 Oct, 2016 03:51 PM

Hi,

• Our mobile SDK regularly uploads data to our backoffice. These logs are sent in batches in order to limit the battery usage. For instance they are sent either when the SDK starts, when the local log file reaches a certain limit or periodically.

• Indeed, once the logs arrive to the server, they are being processed. And you can have a delay of up to 20 minutes before these new events can be seen in graphs and analytics. But for debugging purposes, there is a more real-time view at https://manager.ubudu.com/u_applications/{your_application_id}/view... .

• At the moment, it’s not possible.

Hoping that it will be useful.

2. 2 Posted by maria.trinidad.... on 05 Oct, 2016 08:24 AM

Thank you for your answers!

Just one question regarding the link you gave me for debug logs.
    I have tried it with Postman but only gives general information about the application but I cannot get any details on the logs like the private statistics provide (entry, exit,...).

Regards,
    Trinidad.

3. 3 Posted by maria.trinidad.... on 23 Jan, 2017 08:08 AM

Hi Thibaut,

The old email I have from you doesn’t work, trying another one you also answered me with.

Merci,
    Trinidad.

Sent: lundi 23 janvier 2017 09:00
    To: 'Thibaut Morales' <[email blocked]>; [email blocked]
    Subject: Need help: UBUDU SDK ERROR CODE 204!

Hi Thibaut,

I have created a discussion in your Ubudu web site regarding an issue I’m just having today with the Ubudu beacons SDK.

I'm developing an iOS application implementing your Ubudu SDK to get notified when location of the iPhone is close to any of the Ubudu Beacons.
    The application was working fine until last Friday but this morning it doesn't work anymore and I have a demo at 14h30 to show the concept to SAP high level management.

I have debugged the application and I can see an error saying:
    UBUDU SDK ERROR: Error Domain=UbuduErrorDomain Code=204 "Data for region not available, schedule indicates disabled." userInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Data for region not available, schedule indicates disabled}

I can see the message for didEnterBeaconRegion with userInfo={} regionUUID= E3757AF0-616C-0134-33DA-02D14FB661FD

I can also see a message saying
    {"msg":"Fence: onClientEventRegionState, invalid state", "regionState":"0"}

Can you please let me know if any of my definitions in my application is creating this problem?
    I have checked all the details of my application (interaction rules, beacons,...) but I cannot find any disabled schedule...

Please I need urgent help!

Thanks,
    Trinidad.

Sent: mardi 4 octobre 2016 18:08
    To: MARTINEZ GEA, Maria Trinidad <[email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>>; [email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>
    Subject: General questions on Ubuduapp behavior [Questions #105]

Hi Maria,
    We replied you on the Ubudu community.
    Regards,
    Thibaut.

4. 4 Posted by maria.trinidad.... on 23 Jan, 2017 08:18 AM

Hi,

After saving my configuration in Ubudu web site several times (without changing any relevant data) and also restarting my app several times everything seems to be working again…
    Do you have any explanation for this behavior? How it comes the region was disabled? Any specific parameter I can check for it?
    Not acceptable to get the system locked without specific reason… can happen again and I don’t know how to fix it.

Thanks,
    Trinidad.

To: 'Thibaut Morales' <[email blocked]>; [email blocked]

Hi Thibaut,

I have created a discussion in your Ubudu web site regarding an issue I’m just having today with the Ubudu beacons SDK.

I'm developing an iOS application implementing your Ubudu SDK to get notified when location of the iPhone is close to any of the Ubudu Beacons.
    The application was working fine until last Friday but this morning it doesn't work anymore and I have a demo at 14h30 to show the concept to SAP high level management.

UBUDU SDK ERROR: Error Domain=UbuduErrorDomain Code=204 "Data for region not available, schedule indicates disabled." userInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Data for region not available, schedule indicates disabled}

I can see the message for didEnterBeaconRegion with userInfo={} regionUUID= E3757AF0-616C-0134-33DA-02D14FB661FD

Can you please let me know if any of my definitions in my application is creating this problem?
    I have checked all the details of my application (interaction rules, beacons,...) but I cannot find any disabled schedule...

Thanks,
    Trinidad.

To: MARTINEZ GEA, Maria Trinidad <[email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>>; [email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>

Hi Maria,
    Regards,
    Thibaut.

5. 5 Posted by maria.trinidad.... on 23 Jan, 2017 09:02 AM

Hi Matthieu,

How can I find out my SDK version?
    I downloaded your SDK iOS sample last summer and since then I haven’t downloaded a new version of the UbuduSDK.framework. What is the procedure to get the latest version? Do I need to download it from Git again or there is a better and official procedure?

Should I take the latest version? I’m quite close to the end of the development and I’m afraid to have more problems if I take latest version…

I think this is not the first time this problem happens. Sometimes I don’t get any alert from the Beacons, but after some hours I retry and it works fine. Until now I was just developing without much testing but now that we start demoing the application (we have final demos in APJ, EMEA and USA starting beginning of March and we start internal demos today) I’m putting more attention on it and therefore getting worried…

Thank you for your answer,
    Trinidad.

Sent: lundi 23 janvier 2017 09:48
    To: MARTINEZ GEA, Maria Trinidad <[email blocked]>
    Cc: Thibaut <[email blocked]>
    Subject: Re: Need help: UBUDU SDK ERROR CODE 204!

Hi Trinidad,

Really sorry about the inconvenience caused. I’m going to investigate your issue.

We had a bug a few weeks ago in our SDK that prevented interaction rules to be fetched in some situations. Could you provide me the version of the SDK you’re using ?

Regards,
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Matthieu Balmes
    [email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>

[cid:[email blocked]]

www.ubudu.com<http://www.ubudu.com>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Le 23 janv. 2017 à 09:18, MARTINEZ GEA, Maria Trinidad <[email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>> a écrit :

Hi,

After saving my configuration in Ubudu web site several times (without changing any relevant data) and also restarting my app several times everything seems to be working again…
    Do you have any explanation for this behavior? How it comes the region was disabled? Any specific parameter I can check for it?
    Not acceptable to get the system locked without specific reason… can happen again and I don’t know how to fix it.

Thanks,
    Trinidad.

To: 'Thibaut Morales' <[email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>>; [email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>

Hi Thibaut,

Thanks,
    Trinidad.

Hi Maria,
    Regards,
    Thibaut.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac