Differences between ubeacon firmware 2.2.0 and 2.1.0

Rafal Chmielarski

03 Dec, 2015 05:32 PM

Hello,

Are there any important changes in ubeacon firmware 2.2.0 in comparison with 2.1.0, which can affect the behaviour of mesh network?

Thanks
Rafal

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by francois on 03 Dec, 2015 06:03 PM

Hi Rafal,

Are you experiencing problems ? Piotr here in cc might answer you questions. I think if I remember well that there were some changes.

Best regards,

François

2. 2 Posted by Chmielarski, Ra... on 04 Dec, 2015 09:46 AM

Hi François,
    Thank you for quick answer. I am having some issues when trying to receive mesh messages on mobile device (both iOS & Android) when using beacons with 2.1.0 firmware. It works fine with 2.2.0 firmware.
    Could you tell me if it’s possible to upgrade the beacons firmware?

Thanks
    Rafal

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by francois on 04 Dec, 2015 10:01 AM

Hi Rafal,

Yes that’s what I feared we made some big changes at one point. It is possible to upgrade the firmware. However, the team has not fully finished documenting the procedure and is quite busy on several projects, I wonder if it would not be simpler that we send you beacons with the right latest firmware. How many beacons do you have with firmware 2.1.0 ? We could ship you with Fedex and in exchange you will send us back the 2.1.0 beacons.

Also we will post an upgrade of the Mesh libraries SDKs today or next week with some additional improvements. Also have you checked this https://github.com/Ubudu/rPi-uBeacon-gateway <https://github.com/Ubudu/rPi-uBeacon-gateway> this is a pretty cool thing. We have btw in stocks of uBeacon mesh with integrated GPIO raspberry connector and associated boxing. Are you interested in one of those ?

Best regards,

François

4. 4 Posted by Chmielarski, Ra... on 04 Dec, 2015 12:04 PM

Hi François,

That would be great. We’ve got one set (3 beacons) with firmware 2.1.0. If you could send us the new set of 3 with latest firmware and we will send the 2.1.0 beacons set back.

I CC’ed Gregor who made the purchase of the beacons.

Please let Gregor or me know if you need any address or order details.

Also thank you for the offer of “uBeacon mesh with integrated GPIO raspberry connector”. We probably won’t be interested at the moment but we might be in future.

Best regards,
    Rafal

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by francois on 04 Dec, 2015 12:09 PM

What kind of problem are you experiencing ?

Could you double check by connecting to one of this beacons with the manager app that the firmware is 2.1.0, just to make sure.

6. 6 Posted by Chmielarski, Ra... on 04 Dec, 2015 12:22 PM

Hi François,

I double checked and they are definitely 2.1.0 (I’ve attached screenshots from manager app).

The problem I am having with 2.1.0 beacons is that I am not receiving any mesh messages on my mobile device when sending:

PC -> UART Beacon -> Mesh Network -> Mobile App (Android & iOS)

This works with the other 2.2.0 beacon set.

Thanks
    Rafal

7. 7 Posted by Novak, Gregor on 04 Dec, 2015 12:48 PM

Hi Francois,

Please find order confirmation from order that has beacons with old firmware installed.

If you think that the easiest is to send the new set with firmware 2.2 installed than please do so ASAP, as we need to configure them and sent them to our colleagues in the US. Can you also please arrange with the delivery company to pick up the old set.

Thank you.

Regards,

Gregor

Gregor Novak
    Project Manager
    NCR Edinburgh Centre of Development Expertise
    10 Kittle Yards
    EH9 1PJ Edinburgh
    office: +44 131 668 8552
    [email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]> | www.ncr.com<http://www.ncr.com/>

Sent: 04 December 2015 12:23
    To: francois
    Cc: Novak, Gregor
    Subject: RE: Differences between ubeacon firmware 2.2.0 and 2.1.0 [Questions #70]

Hi François,

I double checked and they are definitely 2.1.0 (I’ve attached screenshots from manager app).

The problem I am having with 2.1.0 beacons is that I am not receiving any mesh messages on my mobile device when sending:

PC -> UART Beacon -> Mesh Network -> Mobile App (Android & iOS)

This works with the other 2.2.0 beacon set.

Thanks
    Rafal

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by francois on 04 Dec, 2015 12:53 PM

Hi Gregor

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Ok we will be shipping them asap. For the old set it is less urgent indeed.

BR,

François

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac